< Back to previous page
- Research interest:Studying the host-pathogen interactions during parasitic diseases with the focus on Leishmania. Investigating the impact of drug-resistance on parasite infectivity in several in vivo mouse and hamster models using bioluminescent imaging and flow cytometry analysis of the different target organs (liver, spleen and bone marrow). Studying the in vitro interaction of different Leishmania species and life cycle stages with human peripheral blood derived mast.
- Keywords:IMMUNOLOGY, PARASITOLOGY, Biomedical sciences (incl. biochemistry)
- Disciplines:Other basic sciences, Bioinformatics and computational biology, Diagnostics, Immunology, Medical biochemistry and metabolism, Microbiology, Molecular and cell biology, Tropical medicine
- Research techniques:Extensive experience in bioluminescent imaging and flow cytometry (BD FACSCalibur, BD FACSCanto, BD FACSAria, BD FACSMelody, MACSQuant Analyzer 10)Hands on experience in histology, IHC, confocal microscopy, conventional and real-time PCR, qPCR, ELISA, electroporation, protein production and purification, kinomics, drug screening.Cell culturing of human peripheral blood derived mast cells
- Users of research expertise:academia, pharma