< Back to previous page
Christel Van De Poel
- Research interest:Development of digital (online/mobile) language learning materials and approaches for specific purposes, i.c. academic and professional.Language use in professional contexts, i.c. healthcare.Studies on communication awareness, knowledge and skills of educated adults.
- Keywords:PRONUNCIATION, COMPUTER ASSISTED LANGUAGE LEARNING, LANGUAGE TESTING, APPLIED PHONETICS, ACADEMIC LITERACY, EFFECTIVENESS OF LANGUAGE LEARNING, Language and literature (incl. information, documentation, library and archive sciences)
- Disciplines:Education curriculum, Instructional sciences, Linguistics
- Research techniques:The research unit for Applied Language Studies ranges over the following research techniques:Online and offline questionnaires, empirical research (data collection) with control groups, interviews (face-to-face, telephone, focus group, etc.), error analyses, introspection, pre- and posttesting, statistical analyses and reporting.
- Users of research expertise:The expertise is available for institutions/individuals with research interests in the area of language skills and language pedagogics for adult educated learners. The users are mainly language centres, teaching institutions and language policy makers. However, this expertise is also often required in language skills research and language methodology by a broad range of institutions, e.g. tertiary education, the service sector, governmental departments, the European Commission.