< Back to previous page
- Research interest:1. Modern literatures in English (emphasis: American 20th-century literature).2. Modernist poetry: Wallace Stevens.3. LGBTIQ studies and queer theory, more particularly in the realm of interdisciplinary cultural studies (esp. contemporary literature in English and recent history) and with regard to the interactions between academic and activist work.4. Multidisciplinary urban studies (as a member of the Urban Studies Institute) with emphasis on New York City and literary urban studies.5. Antwerp Research Institute for the Arts (as chair), with special attention to multidisciplinary research in music.6. Literature and philosophy; literature and architecture; literature and music.For more details: see my personal webpage at UAntwerp.
- Keywords:SOCIAL EMANCIPATION, CULTURAL DIVERSITY, LITERATURE-ENGLISH, LITERARY HISTORY, LITERARY THEORY, LITERARY CRITICISM, LITERARY MODERNISM, LITERARY INFLUENCE, Language and literature (incl. information, documentation, library and archive sciences)
- Disciplines:Literary studies, Comparative literature studies, Contemporary literature, Gender studies, Literary translation, Literatures in English, Modern literature, Poetics, Queer studies, Theory and methodology of literary studies, Literary criticism, Literary history, Literary theory, Sociology of literary texts, Other languages and literary studies, Architecture not elsewhere classified, Art studies and sciences not elsewhere classified, Interior architecture not elsewhere classified, Music not elsewhere classified
- Research techniques:I practice qualitative research, which is limited largely to reading and writing.
- Users of research expertise:Journalists with an interest in one of the designated topics; cultural and arts centers; LGBTIQ activists.