< Back to previous page
- Keywords:Materials engineering
- Disciplines:Surface engineering, Electrochemistry, Battery technology, Surface and interface chemistry, Metals and alloy materials, Electrochemical methods
- Users of research expertise:
- Electrochemical kinetics. Thermodynamics of aqueous solutions and electrode processes. Electroreduction of metals and alloys (plating, extraction, refining, recycling). Influence of inibitors on electrochemical reactions.
- The expertise in electrochemical processing offers services in to fields : 1. Electrochemistry of aqueous solutions : Any type of electrochemical process can be investigated on different levels : investigation of the basic (electro)chemical reaction(s) : thermodynamics- kinetics - mechanism; techniques : potentiometric titrations, voltammetry, chronoamperometry, chronopotentiometry, impedance measurements; study of the influence f mass transport in electrochemical processes; techniques : rotating disc and ring disc electrodes, wall-jet electrodes, electrohydrodynamic impedance measurements; study of the action of organic inhibitors for metal deposition or dissolution reactions; techniques : impedance measurements, Raman spectroscopy, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; 2. Environmental electrochemistry : Study of the potentialities of electrolysis to remediate pollution problems (aqueous solutions, soils).