< Back to previous page
- Research interest:I am an economist and environmental scientist by training and have been working at the research group Ecosystem Management (ECOBE) since 2011. My research makes the link between the biological-morphological-hydrological research of ecosystems and ecosystem management and the social and economic context of these ecosystems. Especially the study of the effects of coastal management for nature and society is central to my research. My research contributes to the development of multifunctional management practices.
- Keywords:NORTH SEA, ECOLOGY, ECOLOGICAL ECONOMICS, ESTUARINE ECOLOGY, MARSHY MEADOWS, ECOSYSTEM SERVICES, Economics and applied economics
- Disciplines:Ecosystem services, Environmental management, Agricultural and natural resource economics, environmental and ecological economics
- Research techniques:Environmental management evaluation, ecosystem services analysis, cost-benefit analysis, cost-effectiveness analysis
- Users of research expertise:land managers, resource managers, local government, nature organisations, dredging companies, fisheries, farmers