< Back to previous page
- Research interest:Prof. dr. Ann Verhetsel is Professor of Economic Geography and Regional Economics at the Faculty of Applied Economics of the University of Antwerp (Belgium). In addition to a Ph.D. in Geography (K.U. Leuven - 1990), she obtained a degree in Town and Country Planning, as well as an Advanced Master in Education. She has been member of the Department of Transport and Regional Economics of the University of Antwerp since 1987. She teaches introductory courses in Economic Geography (Faculty of Applied Economics) and Social Geography (Department of History), and advanced courses in Regional Economics, e.g. at the UAMS Master Programme in Real Estate Management. Her research focuses on the intersection of economics, geography and spatial planning. Recent research projects and publications dealt with e.g. urban transport issues, location policy and mobility, decentralization of employment, evolution of commercial real estate, strategic planning projects, regional economic effects of ports, housing and shopping locations.
- Keywords:URBAN ECONOMICS, TRANSPORT, URBAN GEOGRAPHY, URBAN MOBILITY, MOBILITY, ECONOMIC GEOGRAPHY, URBAN PLANNING, SHOPPING, Economics and applied economics
- Disciplines:Transport planning, Urban and regional development, Urbanism and regional planning, Applied economics, Economic geography, Geography of mobility and transportation, Social geography, Urban and regional geography
- Research techniques:Gegraphical Information Systems - GISExplorative spatial data analysisSpatial modelingQuantitative analysisQualitative analysis
- Users of research expertise:COMPANIESPUBLIC AUTHORITIES