Mathematics, Kulak Kortrijk Campus
Research topics of this research unit are:
• Crystallographic and Bieberbach groups and their generalizations, both from an algebraic and geometrical point of view.
• Affine and polynomial structures for (virtual) polycyclic groups, conceptual and computational aspects and applications
• Group actions on varieties, algebraic topological and geometric characteristics.
• Topological fixed point theory.
• Popularization of mathematics and exact sciences for pupils in secondary education (see Mathematics Olympiad)
• Online, interactive practice for mathematics using a shared inventory of multiple choice questions (see USolv-IT)