Immunology University of Antwerp
The overarching basic research of our research unit fits in the faculty spearhead of inflammation and focusses on the activating and inhibitory mechanisms that govern basophil and mast cell degranulation, as witnessed by our 2 Senior Researcher Fellowships (FWO). Using functional flowcytometry we study how basophils and cultured human mast cells react upon various secretagogues and how this activation can be influenced. These studies are mainly ...
Translational Pathophysiological Research (TPR) University of Antwerp
The team of Translational Pathophysiological Research houses research topics in Biochemistry; Pharmacology; Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology; Cardiovascular diseases; Physiology; Immunology and Allergology; Rheumatology; General Internal Medicine and Dermatology.Collaborative research is focused on inflammation, cell and immune therapy and the exploration of novel possibilities for pharmacotherapy.
Heiko De Schepper University of Antwerp
Institute for Clinical Research Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Institute for Clinical Research
Annemarie van Nieuwenhuijze KU Leuven
- Neuromodulation of the intestinal immune system
- Immunomodulation of afferent nerve function and visceral hypersensitivity
- Intestinal macrophage phenotyping
- Pathophysiology and treatment of irritable bowel syndrome
- Pathophysiology of postoperative ileus
- Pathophysiology of gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Pathophysiology and treatment of achalasia
- Neuron-glial interactions in the ...