Study Centre Experimental Literature Vrije Universiteit Brussel
The center wants to stimulate and carry out research into literature that deliberately deviates from the conventional conventions and is looking for formal renewal. The focus is on authors and texts from symbolism, the historical avant-garde, the neo avant-garde (fifties, nouveau novel, Anderproza) and postmodernism. In addition, attention is also paid to the genres in which the experiment manifests itself, such as the prose light and the ...
* The role of classical (Pavlovian) conditioning in evaluative processes. * Fundamental and applied research on emotional changes, especially with regard to anxiety and pain. * Psycophysiological measurements with computer-assisted data processing.
Research topics of this unit are :
- research regarding the immunobiology of allogeneic bone marrow transplantation as a treatment for solid tumors in mouse models
- development of novel immunosuppressive drugs
- in vitro immuno-assays
- immunophenotyping of patients undergoing stem cell transplantation
The Research Group Experimental Oto-rhino-laryngology conducts research into two major topics: 1. Speech, language and swallowing disorders. 2. Human auditory processing and prostheses.
- Production & regulation of mucins by respiratory cells cultured in vitro. - Adaptation to the Reynell Developmental Language Scales to a Dutch speaking population. - Early bilingualism: research conducted in Dutch speaking nursery schools in ...
Experimental and Applied Psychology Vrije Universiteit Brussel
EXTO conducts research in four focused research groups 1) BIPS: Physiology & neuropsychology of sleep, sleeplessness and cognitive performance 2) SOSP: Social cognitive neuroscience The way our brain builds up impressions about other people is a major topic of research at the V.U.B. We make use of the most modern techniques using brain imaging to study this, including ERP and fMRI. 3) COPS: Attention and implicit learning, including: * ...
Experimental Laboratory Immunology KU Leuven
This laboratory studies the regulation of the immune response to Streptococcus pneumoniae, immunodeficiencies (with particular interest on innate immunity), and autoimmunity (with particular interest on serological markers).
Laboratory of Experimental Hematology KU Leuven
The Laboratory of Experimental Hematology conducts research into the following topics:
- Molecular characterization of rare lymphomas and identifying molecular subtypes
- Preclinical efficacy studies of new therapies in lymphoma tumors using xenograft models derived from patient samples
- Clinical research on new treatment options and drugs for patients with hematologic malignancies
- Detection of minimal residual ...
Laboratory of Experimental Oncology KU Leuven
There are five main research topics in the Laboratory of Experimental Oncology ( LEO):
- molecular characterization of rare tumors focused on identification of predictive biomarkers;
- preclinical efficacy studies of novel targeted agents in soft tissue sarcomas using a unique panel of xenograft models derived from patient samples;
- translational research, identifying prognostic markers related to experimental treatment, ...
Experimental Anatomy Vrije Universiteit Brussel
The department of Experimental anatomy is a basis for fundamental research of topographical, functional and clinical anatomy, polarised around the human body and its body composition. Both dissections (a detailed study of the interior human body) and plastine studies (made of prepared parts of the human body) are elements of every students' contact with anatomy. The research findings (Anatomical variations and detailed mapping experiments) ...